Teaching and Learning is at the core of our work at Kings College and we have high expectations for consistency and outstanding teaching across all of our subject staff. All teaching and learning is underpinned by six guiding principles:
- Students must be clear about what they are learning, why they are learning it and how it develops their skills, knowledge and understanding.
- Students must all be able to access and be challenged by learning at Kings.
- Students must always be able to track the progress they have made against aspirational targets.
- Students should be provided with quality feedback that moves on their learning in clear and personalised steps.
- Students' learning environment must be calm, organised and stimulating.
- Students should be taught be staff who are experts in their subject and in the process of learning.