Information and Guidance for Examination Candidates
- Arrive early
- Ring the College if you are too ill to take the exam
- Bring the correct equipment (black pen etc.)
- Remember Candidate No. and Seat No. (How do I know this?)
- Line up quietly
- Remain silent in the exam room
- Check you have the right exam paper
- Respect the invigilators
- Read instructions and questions carefully
- Write clearly and legibly in black ink
- Bring your mobile phone (or i-pods or notes or..)
- Communicate in any way with other candidates
- Disrupt the exam in any way
- Use highlighting pens in your answers
- Panic or rush your work
- Write or draw anything rude or racist on your exam paper
The College has a team of invigilators to be called upon for external examinations and mocks. Additional invigilators are often needed to supplement the team.
Invigilators are paid an hourly rate and are normally needed in college either from 8.15am to 11.30am or from 12.30pm to 3.30pm, or both. No experience, qualifications or specific skills are necessary but invigilators must be reliable, trustworthy, confident and assertive. Appointments are always subject to satisfactory references and DBS checks. The dress code is ‘smart office wear’.
We welcome students’ parents and other adult relatives (such as grandparents) in this role but do not allow them to invigilate in a room where their own relative is taking an exam.
If you would be interested in joining the invigilation team, please contact the Exams Officer, Mrs Sian Hodges on 01483 484817 or e-mail her email@example.com