The Kings Experience
The Pastoral Team at Kings ensure every child feels secure and ready to face the challenge of their new school. We have lots of initiatives to ease that daunting transition into secondary school and make sure our new Year 7’s get off to a good start.
- Primary School Assemblies explains what to expect at Secondary School.
- Year 5 & 6 Taster Days provides children with real experience of what secondary school is like. The children attend lessons and experience subjects hands on, completing fun and exciting mini projects in areas such as Graphic Design, Food Technology and Textiles.
- Transition Meetings take place with all new students at their primary school to meet the Head of Year and to support the children during their transition.
- Orientation Day, to be held on Wednesday 4th July 2012, will provide all soon-to-be new Year 7 students, with a fun and informative day at Kings to reassure them (and their parents!) and facilitate a smooth transition to secondary school.
- Kings Adventure Week is in week commencing 30th July at the start of the summer holiday and is a fantastic way for students to get to know the College and each other before the new term starts in September. Students participating in this gain confidence and assurance and it helps to eliminate any pre-school worries that they may have. During this week students take part in sports, team building activities, complete creative tasks, and experience cooking in our food technology rooms. Students always seem to thoroughly enjoy this week !
- Team Building Week A couple of weeks into their first term, new Year 7s take part in team building days that allow them to build on the learning and friendships they have achieved so far. It helps and encourages them to develop their team skills and make them feel secure and part of the College community. Our current Year 7s went to the Surrey Sports Park to take part in activities such as badminton, tennis, spinning and climbing.
Through all these different initiatives, the Kings College Induction programme ensures every child feels welcomed, engaged and excited to begin this new important stage in their education.
To find out more about our Pastoral Team click here.